Posts : 19
Critique points : 1011585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 26
Location : kings lynn, norfolk, UK
|Subject: PhotoCrit Rules Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 am|| |
As a registered member at PhotoCrit, when posting, you agree to abide by the following rules:
* You are completely responsible for the content of your posts.
Although we guard your privacy on a routine basis and will not disclose confidential information to other members, we reserve the right to disclose any and all information we may have on you, from your IP address to your actual identity, should a complaint or legal action arise due to posts you have made here.
* Your IP address is recorded with each post, so that in the event of a major infraction of PhotoCrit rules, your address(es) will be banned as well as your ISP contacted.
* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to PhotoCrit Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.
* You agree not to post any links or messages that lead to material which could be deemed obscene, discriminatory, unlawful, or threatening in nature by PhotoCrit Staff. PhotoCrit Staff reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise remove any material which is deemed to be an infraction of this rule, based solely on their discretion.
* Should you disagree with a staff member's decision regarding one of your posts, please contact that staffer, or the site owner, privately. Publicly challenging a staff member may result in banning, regardless of who is deemed right. For example: a moderator closes your thread. Opening a new thread on the same topic or to insult or challenge the moderator may lead to your being banned.
* Should a PhotoCrit Staff member contact you requesting changes in your posts, your signature, your style, or any other comments, you are expected to cooperate completely
• No animated or flamboyant signatures are allowed.
• No political statements or links are allowed in signatures.
• Lengthy lists of camera gear should be put in your user profile, not in your signature.
The forum Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to remove any signature that is not in keeping with the above guidelines, and will notify you if your signature is not in compliance. If you are found to be in continuous violation of signature guidelines, you may face action on your account.
*PhotoCrit prides itself on encouraging friendly and open discourse regarding photography. Personal attacks on any members as well as PhotoCrit Staff will not be tolerated, and these posts will be deleted and the instigators possibly banned.
*This is primarily an adult forum, though we accept members from any age. Please keep this in mind as you post, particularly if you are engaged in a discussion with a member you do not know. In addition, although no swearing is permitted, if you make any post with swearing in, they will be censored and replaced with a more suitable word.
* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.
* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.
* No general politics are allowed. If the political discussion involves photography, it may be allowed. Use common sense when posting anything of a political nature.
* No religious discussions or debates are allowed. Exceptions are only an objective explanation of a religious ceremony that may have been photographed during the course of a wedding shoot, or other photojournalistic event that may require some informative background.
* No digital vs. traditional arguments or debates are allowed. We have separate forums where the virtues of both mediums are discussed. No provoking comments will be tolerated.
* Like many other forums, we limit the number of forums where member posts are counted. As this is a photography forum, first and foremost, we have decided not to count posts in the Off-Topic Forum.
* We hope you will always enjoy PhotoCrit, but should you wish to leave, please do so quietly – lengthy departure threads are discouraged, and may be removed. In addition, we do not delete or hide member accounts, so please know your posts will remain indefinitely even if you are no longer active.
* reserves the right to edit, move, or delete any post with or without explanation.
* may contact you regarding your signature size, a post's content, etc., and any such requests for change are expected to be complied with.
* We do not condone the sharing of illegally acquired software, nor do we tolerate discussions regarding the distribution of same. Such posts will be removed or edited.
* PhotoCrit staff cannot and do not review every single post, nor are we responsible for the content of any posted message. However, we reserve the right to edit, move, or delete any message whatsoever, which may be done with or without explanation.
* PhotoCrit Staff also reserve the right to move, with or without explanation, any message that appears to be posted in the wrong forum. Although every effort is made to contact the poster when this is done, this is not always possible.
These rules will be updated as often as needed, and this list may not include recent rules that are in effect but remain not added. Although we will make every effort to keep you informed, we reserve the right to modify or update these rules without notice.